Article #7

A farewell to high school



It’s that time of the year again. After more than two months of break, I am heading back to school. It will be my last year in high school, so I plan on finishing strong. My sights are set for college and I am more determined than ever to do my best. Let the year begin; it’s time to take care of business.



I have high expectations for myself this year. It will undoubtedly be hard, but I am ready to give it my all. In addition to my fairly rigorous coursework, there are different standardized tests such as the ACT and SAT Subject Tests that I have to take. I also plan on doing other extracurricular activities such as clubs and volunteering. What I am mostly worried about, however, is the inevitable college application frenzy that is bound to happen. Although I decided to get a head start on it by writing my Common Application essay during the summer, there are still many more essays for various colleges that I have to write. There is also the task of requesting your counselors and teachers to write recommendations for you. It all seems very hectic, but I am far from intimidated. In fact, as overwhelming as it sounds, I am very excited for my final year in high school.



It amazes me that four years have passed already. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was a little freshman. I never believed the people when they talked about how quickly high school goes by. However, after experiencing it for myself, I can definitely vouch for those words myself. My advice for newcomers is to always savor the moments, no matter how insignificant it may seem. High school has been an amazing experience, and I want to thank everybody that has made it so memorable. I am appreciative of my teachers for passing me their knowledge. I want to thank my friends that have always helped me in this journey, and finally, my family for being so supportive.



As I move on to the next chapter of my life, I am left wondering what lies ahead of me. But I know that high school has adequately prepared me for it, whatever it may be. I must walk my own path now. Wish me luck!



Divyash Chhetri


USA (Phoenix, Arizona)

D-Uncle –   – (August 19, 2010 at 9:05 AM)  

Divyas,this piece will definitely click the head of those aspiring for college education next year.As adage goes, "Early bird catches more flies." Cheers!!!!

Anonymous –   – (August 29, 2010 at 12:33 PM)  

DearDivyash,
Although you are trying hard to produce the best result, there could be obstacles along your way and you should be able to take it as a challenge.You should not frown or be upset if things do not turn as you wish.I am very proud of you for being a wonderful person who is trying to set an example to many.God will definitely bless you and help you enlighten yourself more.My blessings and support for you to have more courage in your future.

Post a Comment

- कमेन्ट गर्दा कृपया सभ्य भाषा मात्र प्रयोग गर्नुहोला ।

  © TheAzNepal by Durga P. Adhikari 2009

Back to TOP