Article #10

Know your priorities




In just about everything in life, there will be obstacles in your path. What's worse is that some of the obstacles aren't really obstacles, but something that you would enjoy compromising your time to. I can unfortunately say that I have fallen victim to this. And believe me when I say that it can turn your life around.



Let me this clear up before there are any misunderstandings. A drug addiction is not what I am talking about. It was an addiction regardless, and although I wouldn't categorize it in the same caliber as a craving for narcotics, it was still very serious. So what exactly was it, you ask? The infamous game known only as Halo 3. When the game launched on September 26th, 2007, I went out and bought a copy to experience what exactly my friends were excited about. Little did I know about the captivating power of the software, and I was hooked as soon as I started playing. With each passing day, I found myself logging in to XBOX LIVE more and more. My parents soon came to know of the game's disadvantages, and decided to take it away. However, that didn't help me any. All I could think about during school was Halo 3, and I constantly found myself counting the days until I got my console back. About a week or two later, my mom would give back the Xbox hoping that I would use it responsibly. That was never the case though. I continued my poor habits, and it was taking a great toll on my life. My grades in school suffered, and it is no coincidence that my lowest GPA in high school was during my sophomore year. My parents tried various methods to restrict me from playing, but none of them seemed to work. They finally gave up at a certain point, possibly hoping that it would come from within myself to stop playing. And I don't know what it exactly was, but I something inside me recognized that it was time for a change. I guess it was the realization that the game was jeopardizing what I truly cared about: my education.



After setting down the controller for good, things were starting to look much better but there still remained a void that Halo 3 had left. I carefully considered the idea of playing once again. However, things would be significantly different this time around, and I made a promise to myself that I would play for no more than 2 hours during the weekends. The plan has worked great so far, and I still abide by it. The results have left me utterly satisfied.




Blogger Templates

D-Uncle –   – (September 7, 2010 at 8:39 PM)  

Divyas,that is truthfully spotted out.This might I presume, upset the crazy gamers a litte bit, but hey guys ,just relax.

Anonymous –   – (March 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM)  

Bah-ha ha ha...! Exactly the same problem over here. =p` Nothing can hold you when you want to do something. No matter what! (sighs) Uhh, I bet millions (may be less :D) teenagers are having the same problem. My eye sight has gotten worse and I regret about everything now. Thank god, someone has had the same problem. I thought I was the only one who has had gotton crazzy about X-BOX 360! :p` Aye, you better decrease two-hours to one- hour per weekend. IMAOP =P` Come up with some other writings. God Bless!

Post a Comment

- कमेन्ट गर्दा कृपया सभ्य भाषा मात्र प्रयोग गर्नुहोला ।

  © TheAzNepal by Durga P. Adhikari 2009

Back to TOP